Monday, April 13

This is the everyday stuff

On my journey thru life I have hit a few snags. This blog will give you some insite into the snags.

It's funny how things always come full circle. I am back after a 6 week "vacation". Most of my vacation was spent in a drug induced coma. You see...I got a really really bad case of pnuemonia. I has litlerally on deaths door. I was placed on a ventilator. I have absolutely no memory of any of this. I am not telling any of you this for sympathy. It is simply another way for me to come to terms with what happened and to continue to deal with and heal from it.

At the beginning of March I got a cold....a bad one. By the 6th I was not able to even move...I couldn't breath. My daughter took me to the doctor again and they sent me to St Paul to the big hospital. The doctor said without the ventilator I would not have lived thru the night. Twelve days later the doctor started bring me out of the coma. I didn't know where I was or what had happened. It took another few days before I even could associate a date with my world. By the 25th I had a better grip on the time- space reality. But I literally lost 3 weeks of my life. It was a very strange feeling. More later.

No comments: